Saturday, January 12, 2008

Get the right home insurance rate

From the Hexham Courant:

HOUSE insurance: have your eyes glazed over and your mind switched off yet?

The sorry truth is that most of us do not pay due attention to the annual task of renewing our home cover.

In fact, a recent survey showed that 25 per cent of UK householders don’t bother to shop around at all, and nearly half only seek one other quote.

The reasons given for this boring loyalty to an existing insurer ranged from: “I don’t believe I can get anything cheaper,”and “I trust my provider” to the honest “I didn’t have time,” and “I can’t be bothered.”

Sorry people! Is the term “rate tart” foreign to you? You could be missing the chance to save money.

According to Steve Johnson of Sainsbury's Home Insurance: “Although it may seem tempting to just stick with your renewal quote or the first quote you get, it really is essential to shop around.

“Despite the fact that home insurance premiums are reportedly on the rise, products vary dramatically and there are some cracking deals out there if people take the time to evaluate what's on offer.

No comments: